Dutch pancake recipe
Mini Dutch pancake recipe. You will need a special poffertjes pan with 3 cm dimples in it.
125 g of plain flour
125 g of buckwheat flour
1 large egg
250 mL of full cream milk
150 mL of water
15 g of fresh yeast
50 g of melted butter
Salt (if butter is unsalted)Method:
1. Dissolve the yeast in 3 tablespoons lukewarm milk.
2. Mix the plain and buckwheat flour.
3. Add the milk and yeast.
4. Make a smooth batter (you can use the water to thin the batter as it should be somewhat runny).
5. Stir through the salt, melted butter and the egg.
6. Cover the batter with a cloth and let the yeast go to work for about an hour.
7. Place your bowl in a sunny position to help the yeast do its work and make sure your bowl is big enough to avoid a spill-over!
8. Heat your poffertjes pan and grease it with a bit of butter with a cooking brush.
9. Pour your batter quickly into each hole. This can be done easiest using a squeeze bottle or a jug.
10. Turn you mini pancake with a fork and/or skewer once the top is starting to dry a bit.
11. Leave for another 1 minute until golden brown and simply plate them.
Eat the mini Dutch pancakes hot! Traditionally, you add a lump of butter and burry the pancakes in icing sugar. Alternatively, you can serve your mini pancakes with caramel, chocolate or strawberry sauce.