Rice krispie squares
This is a Rice krispie squares recipe infused with green and red
colour. Guess what that means? It’s that time of the year :) Christmas
is coming and we welcome Santa with cookies upon his arrival. But
perhaps he needs a variety of treats instead since he’s given cookies
every Christmas (not to mention from every household). Hence, the rice
krispie squares recipe will do ;)
It is one of the
easiest to make
and it’s also where you can be super creative. Plus, it’s a fun
activity to do with your kids. But, before I send you off to the
pictures, here’s a few things I should mention:
* Make sure you constantly stir and be fairly swift for this recipe
because the marshmallow can stick to the pot and harden the rice
* After you pour the rice krispie cereal into the pan, don’t press down
too hard. Just enough for it to be straight. It’s ok to have “air”
within the squares (easier to chew).
* They’re great with a glass of milk!
* A random info: The pot I used is stainless steel which makes it all
the more sticky but I stood by it for good reason. I prefer stainless
steel over Teflon now because it doesn’t scrape off Teflon coating into
your food. When Teflon coated pans is heated up beyond its tolerance
level, it eventually gives off toxic fumes. (If you want more
information regarding this, you can find articles on Google search).
Overall, stainless steel is not only safe but it is certainly appealing
too! :) It’s worth investing into stainless steel pots and pans.
Back to the rice krispie squares recipe!
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredients (servings: 18 bars)
50 ml (1/4 cup) butter or margarine
2ml (1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
6 cups of Rice krispie cereal (Christmas theme)
Note: Place wax
paper on the pan (12” by 8”) and cut diagonally on each corners
This way the wax paper stays put.
Alternative: Glass pan is recommended because it’s nonstick so you
don’t really need the wax paper for it.
Part 1: (25 mins)
(7) Add rice cereal into the pot
(1) Cut butter
(2) Melt butter in a large pot at low-medium heat
(3) Add marshmallows
(4) Stir until they’re melted (no bumps left)
(5) Add vanilla extract
(8) Stir until it’s evenly coated
(9) Quickly move it to the pan (before it gets too hard)
(10) Use a spoon and press it down evenly
(11) Or use silicone spatula instead
(12) Leave it for 10 mins or until cool
Part 2 (5 mins)
(13) Get the rice krispie out (by pulling the wax paper) and place it
on cutting board
(14) Flip it and pull out the wax paper
15) Cut away!
NOTE: you can cut from the pan itself if you want but the method below
the glue that holds them together :)
Just like play-doh. You can also shape whatever you want it to be when
it’s still warm :) Note: this is another batch I made in the morning.
Share the love
and Merry Christmas!
Return to Easy
Dessert Recipes from Rice krispie squares recipe