Here is a vegetarian rice pilaf recipe for you. Being the asian that I
am, who is made up of 90% rice if “you are what
you eat” stands true, it would certainly be hard to pass up!
(Palov) is a dish made from rice steamed and seasoned in
a flavoured broth. Its origins are unknown, as many variations of pilaf
exist in the cuisines ranging from the Balkans, Anatolia, the
Causcasus, Russia, and in the Persian and Turkic worlds.
As you will see below, it says 2 onions (diced). Don’t want tears? Have
no fear! Tips are [Here]
(under part 2)! It’s the fastest way to dice
onions (with a knife) so you will cringe less. To further prevent
tears, wear goggles. It really works. Who says it’s only for swimming?
I use it to confront my onions. And plus, it’ll be worth it for the
rice pilaf recipe.
Hope you’ll enjoy our rice pilaf =]
Submitted by Hai and Caro
Total time: 50 mins
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
4 stalks of medium sized carrots (to be grated and chopped)
2 onions (diced)
70 ml vegetable oil or olive oil
1 1/3 cups of rice
600 ml of water
1 tbsp chicken broth powder
150g (5oz) raisins
Part 1 (20-25 mins)
Part 2 (30-35 mins)
(1) Peel the carrots
(2) Remove both ends
(3) Grate the carrots
(4) Chop perpendicular to the carrots strips
(5) Dice the onions ([Click here]
for quick tip)
(6) Place vegetable oil in a large pan and turn the stove on high heat
(7) Pour diced onions into the pan
(8) Stir until it becomes semi-transparent
(9) Add chopped carrots
(2) Add rice and water to the pan
(3) Mix it up well
(4) Spread chicken broth powder
(5) Mix until water evaporates
(6) Cover with the lid and occasionally stir on low heat for 20-25
minutes or until done to taste.
(7) Add raisins
(9) Add some lime zest (by grating the lemon skin) and spritz some
lemon into the meal for a tangy flavour.
Return to Easy
Vegetarian Recipes from Rice pilaf recipe